Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health does not currently permit yard sales. Yard sales are considered a gathering of non-household members at a place of residence. This page will be updated once the City receives further orders from the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health.
YARD SALE INFORMATION
Planning a yard sale? Keep these few things in mind to ensure a smooth event and hopefully a profitable experience.
- Please contact the Community Development Department at (626) 569-2140 for information and to obtain a yard sale permit.
- To obtain yard sale application please click here.
- Proof of residency (i.e., Driver’s License or I.D. Card with current address) and a permit is required to hold a yard sale. Two yard sales may be held at one address every six months for a maximum of three (3) consecutive days. There is no charge for the first yard sale of each 12 month period. There will be a cost of $5.00 for each additional yard sale. Note: There are no refunds. Fees paid may be credited to a future date if cancelled due to weather by notification in advance.
- Yard sales are to be held between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m.
- Signs may not be posted on public property including, utility poles (power and telephone), light poles, street trees, sidewalks, etc.
- You may advertise your yard sale by posting a notice in your yard or on your car in any location where your car can be legally parked within the city.
Keeping these things in mind we are sure you will have a successful event.
City of Rosemead · 8838 E Valley Boulevard · Rosemead, CA 91770 · (626) 569-2100
City Hall hours: Monday through Thursday 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. (Closed on Fridays)